<body> - Su's Kompeito World -

...ME

Su aka Stellvia
I'm just another bossy person who thinks that the world is solely mine... LOL.. if only..

...MUSIC


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

...CLOCK

...TAGBOARD


...LINKS

Cherie
Peiying
Peiyi
Weisheng
Nyanko
Kura
Potato
DaiDream
Sieggy
Louise Tay
Bluepixie
Kato
SiQi
KenS
Zen
JAVA Games
Gabi
Fatashionable

...CREDITS

Layout Designer: ice angel


Haha.. I've change the picture tho..
Saturday, June 06, 2009


Hi bloggie,

Went out on thursday with Annie and Junie... They brought me to this Oohtique pub because there's this ladies night promotion which they saw on the web. None of us been there before but we plan do an on-site survey before deciding on hosting a hen night at that location for our friend during december.

My first impression of that place is doubtful as we walk up the dimly lighted staircase, and to find ourselves facing a "storeroom" look alike black door with the wordings "Above 21 only".

We were like standing infront of the pub, staring at each other. Asking ourselves,"Is this the right place??", "Should we knock or do we just turn the door knob?", "Is the pub closed?".

Finally, I turned the door knob to find myself.... seeing this.















A lingerie store? Eh.. Did we got the right place?? Where's the usual crowd, dim lights, seats and table and the lingering smell of alcohol which we normally get?

Then we start looking around for what resemble a "pub" and was greeted by a friendly lady who sat by the table over the windows chatting with a friend. Oh..

This place is surprisingly pinkish and cool!! Hahaha.. good. And there's only 8 tables, which can sit around 16 pax.. Not the average pub I'm expecting, this is just soooo... girlish, small and clean.














Then we placed our drinks. Can't find the usual vodka on the menu, so I tried something new. I decided on the lychee martini, which I can guarantee that they did not attempt to cut down the alcohol content just because the drinks is on 1/2 price due to the ladies night. It's not too diluted so no complains from us, plus there's lychee inside!! Tho, I took some time figuring out how to eat those lychees without any stirer, and eventually settle on using my fingers to scope it up. hahaha... And my friends ordered this mint martini with chocolates scatter on top and some "strawberry" bailey-alike drink with mashmallow.

Sadly the chocolate fondue was not available as there's not much crowd. But we happily sat there and chat for 1hour without any customer walking in to disturb us. The lady was happily chatting with her friend and only pop over twice to take the orders, check if we need any more drinks. I'm glad that she didn't bother us much despite that there's no other customer to keep her busy.

And right at the center of the mini-pub, they ofter a number of wigs to play with.. Afro hair, Clown hair, Blonde hair... Well, with the lady and her friend around, none of us is brave enough to try those on. =( Tho, we did giggle when her friend put a blonde wig on and start posing.

So, after an hour, we decided to settle our bills. Guess how much the drinks cost? $5 per pax. =D Finally, before I leave the place, I questioned my friend who recommended this place, "Why is this place for 21 only?". It's only alcoholic drinks, wigs and lingeries..

My friends giggled. "Did you went to the toilet?"

So.. I decided to explore the other end of this place. And saw another room.... Okay, I understand why now. LOL. Although, this is a great place for a drink, it's definitely a bad place to bring your "non-partying" friends there, because right at the other hidden corner, there's alot of kinky products on shelves. Well, unless you can keep your friends away from the toilet.

Next, we went Molly Malone Irish pub for dinner. Yes, dinner not drink. We have no intention to get drunk. It's a great place... with nice country music sang by a great in-house singer. (I'm terrible with music genre, so hopefully I'm correct) Annie even secretly recorded part of the song. The fish and chip is nice.. But i kind of miss the chili sauce, because it's not available there. The local ate fish and chip with vinegar, and the serving is big. At least 6 slices of fish... (around long john silver's average size) for $17. The Shepard pie is good too, if u can consume beef.

A lot of foreigners.. and you dun get to see any family with kids or teenage around. I guess that's not really suitable for family occasion and it's a pub afterall. =D Shall save that location if I need a place with nice music, and fish and chip and a chill down night.

PS: Targeting to go Ikoi Japanese Restaurant for Japanese Buffet Dinner this year. Heard that booking is required at least 2-3 days in advance. And to secure a good seat, make sure to call weeks in advance. Yes, that's how popular that place is.

-Su

There are only two types of person, those who likes Su's kompeito and those who don't. # ;

Comment

0 has spoken