Saturday, August 25, 2007
Hi bloggie,
For days, the channel has been discuss on the issue on the rise of Mr. Xedo against all the anime fan group particularly the downloaders.
I personally have no issue against Mr. Xedo but I do doubt about their rights and the way they obtain the ip information. Hey, I got Bittorrent installed on my Pc! If i'm going to click and load a torrent accidentally and deleted it after realising it. I'm consider a downloader too, since they will have obtain my IP address when it load and connected?
Intention to do something and doing
Of if someone manage to tap into my wireless and load a torrent? I'm busted too?
That's totally insane!
As in the news today.
"This is because it was just a sub-licensee and not the copyright owner or exclusive licensee for most of the anime titles sold here.
This is the rationale behind the court's surprise dismissal of Odex's bid to get Pacific Internet (PacNet) to disclose its customers' identities."
Now I have a question.
Does the Judges really understand the methods that Odex has been using and the whole scenario? That's why they rule in favour of Odex?
OR
Did the lawyers from Starhub even tried to explain and understand the full scenario to the Judge? Isn't it their responsibility to explain?
At least I know Starhub tried. Poor singnet user, the ISP didn't even tried to help them or look further into the case. They just consented. WTF?
"Industry observers had expected the court to rule in Odex's favour.
This is especially after it had successfully forced two other Internet service providers, StarHub and SingNet, to hand over the data of those suspected of illegal downloading.
In its letters of demand, Odex is asking for $3,000 to $5,000 compensation and also hinted of criminal prosecution should the subscriber refuse to pay up.
But the judge said under the Copyright Act, "only the copyright owner and the statutory exclusive licensee � have the right to take action against copyright infringers"."
Poor victims.. They are forced into compensation with "hint" of criminal prosecution which is false. I wonder if anyone will take legal action to sue Odex? I thought giving a false impression that you have the right for criminal prosecution in order to gain something e.g. $$ is.. illegal?
I'm so disappointed with Singnet. Thank God! I'm Starhub user, but then I wonder if they did up a good fight? Or just merely go an extra step to bring it to court, and didn't make much resistance there?
I suppose soon there will be people questioning on this. I'll be waiting for another 1 month and see how it goes, before I switch my ISP. I think I'm going PacNet Soon. GG PacNet!!
As an anime lover.. Need to say? I never bought Odex's release before. I so hate their packaging, it's ugly. A true Anime collector must go for a nice nice packaging! Those book-like box R1/2 packaging is nice!! Well, anyway my taste for anime is different, most of it aren't even under the AVPAS list. Moi darling Stellvia~~
I'm not super particular about the subtitles tho, since I dun understand the Japanese, so even if they sub it wrongly, I wouldn't know. Packaging does matters! I suppose if a Korean Drama can be in such a nice packaging and yet at an affordable price, Anime should be able too.
Oh ya.. I'm still having relapse every night. Previous night about 5am in the morning at home, and yesterday about 2am in the morning. SianzZ... Hey!! I want my peaceful sleep back! Can you relapse at normal awaking hours?
LOL.. end of my rambling for today! Gotta miss Natsu Matsuri this year again due to this stupid sickness.
-Su
There are only two types of person, those who likes Su's kompeito and those who don't. # ;
Comment
0 has spoken