It's kind of sad that this kind of things are still happening. But.. hey! This Singapore. We are restricted to talk about this kind of things freely, especially when his article involved the "election". Obviously, we knew that the increase of expenses will be coming upon their victory. due to the increase of oil price.
This kind of complain should be only done in the coffee shop and be treated as the rambling of the ignorant citizens. Mr. Brown should try to keep articles or coments of such kinds in his private/family/friends chat only. We all knew it.. so there's no point bringing it to the "national" level for discussion because we aren't allow to. Oh that national level includes blogging too. *Remember the opposition banned / jailed blogger incident?*
I got enough things currently with my home affairs and just trying to make my ends meet. So, I'll let them continue the silence protesting while I have to be the ignorant citizen and focus on my own survival. Afterall, it's rather useless if whatever I want to voice out go against or put our gov at disadvantage. I can't afford a decrease in income or a jailing term.
"mr brown is entitled to his views. But opinions which are widely circulated in a regular column in a serious newspaper should meet higher standards. Instead of a diatribe mr brown should offer constructive criticism and alternatives. And he should come out from behind his pseudonym to defend his views openly." - K BHAVANI Letter from MIC
I guess that means only smart people can complain provided they can provide a solution otherwise, you aren't suppose to complain and ask the government to provide you a reasonable counter answer. I can understand that Mr. Brown might be rather anti-government while writing this article, and the government got their chances to speak back and explain. Hey, we gave the government the chance to explain. Does that gave the government the right to suspense Mr. Brown's column without giving anyone the chance to counter the explaination government have given.
I always enjoy a fair and square debate. I don't understand, why the government has been implementing the education system to make sure everyone is EDUCATED, yet they still don't trust the Singaporean to have the freedom to think about anything. Yes.. talking about training the students in school to learn and thinking independently while not trusting the adults to do so... HA HA HA..