<body> - Su's Kompeito World -

...ME

Su aka Stellvia
I'm just another bossy person who thinks that the world is solely mine... LOL.. if only..

...MUSIC


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

...CLOCK

...TAGBOARD


...LINKS

Cherie
Peiying
Peiyi
Weisheng
Nyanko
Kura
Potato
DaiDream
Sieggy
Louise Tay
Bluepixie
Kato
SiQi
KenS
Zen
JAVA Games
Gabi
Fatashionable

...CREDITS

Layout Designer: ice angel


Haha.. I've change the picture tho..
Sunday, November 09, 2003


Okay.. I am normal.. I am totally normal...

And I have to give up on my medication today.. I realise i can't take that medication for the whole week continously because of the possible family medical history.. I dun wan to die young.. At least let me tour around the whole first.

This stupid cardiac problem is like a time bomb, pray hard I dun get it. And Naru.. you too.. it is a fact that our family has it. Great grandma or pa could have die of it (as what they have conclude), our granduncles/grandaunties/grandma has it, our dad has it. Who's next? This is damn scary.

Why do all the illness gather together in this generation? Grandpa has a problem with the hypertension and high risk for the diabeties. Grandma has this cardiac problem. When this two things gather together = bomb. Haha.. now it really seems scary when I write it down. I never thought about it b4.

Anyway, why suddenly all this? Well, the first time I experience this intense pain is during my secondary 3. And I was hyper active in sports. But, due to that, I slowly reduce it, I mean, whenever I tried to run faster, it reminds me of the pain. But, still.. it's fun... God I miss sport. I shouldn't have gave up then. Once you do, it will be harder to pick it up again.

Okay, anyway, it's just happen only 10-20 times a year... and by the time i stop going to my CCA, it reduce to less then 10 times a year. Ya.. it is still less then 10 times.. (Okay, this is for ur record, Naru, tell me in case u experience the same thing, so that i can reconfirm everything), Or maybe I am the only one.. Well, at least, I didn't experience when grandma and dad is feeling so far... Which means, I am consider normal.. (I suppose.. ) At least my blood pressure is.. and no hicuups yet.. and what else??

Maybe i should get the documents out. Grandma's problem is.. arrgg.. medical term.. i write it down later..

Anyway ytd is my worst day, my heart is racing like hell and you know.. the kinda of feeling, as if your heart beat skip or stop.. haha.. haven't been feeling that way for months. And it came repeatedly for the whole day (at least 20++) and I can't do anything about it. Normally, A deep breath or some calming down will do the job. Or maybe it's due to lacking of sleep. Lacking of sleep will cause your heart to beat faster the next day too.. Anyway, this is known as angina. I wonder where i heard that? Okay, anyway, it's back to normal now, since i stop the medication and i have eaten damn lots of things today. Taki!! Stop buying tasty makan back home and show it to me!!

Haiz... This is sad... Okay, now for some background info.. On our family medical history. Naru.. noted it down... You try going with them for medical check-up.. you will know how it feels..



Dad's problem: Myotonic dystrophy and Coronary artery disease

Myotonic dystrophy -
What is different about the heart problems with myotonic dystrophy is that it is not the heart muscle itself that is affected. Rather it is the electrical signals inside the heart that somehow are altered or changed. This causes heart problems in myotonic patients.

What some studies have recommended is that patients with myotonic Dystrophy get a 12 lead ECK performed. This procedure involves using a specialized machine that has 12 different wires attached to the chest area as well as other areas on the body. The heart is then monitored or checked for about 5-10 minutes. Heart beat for dad: 110/60 - 160/95 ((Your blood pressure consists of two numbers. The top reading is the systolic pressure (when your heart is contracting), the bottom number is the diastolic pressure (when the heart is relaxing). If your blood pressure consistently runs 140/90 or more, you may have hypertension.))




What dad is using?

Defibrillators -
Implantable defibrillators are used to treat heart rhythms that are abnormally fast and life threatening.
It works only when the heart rhythms becomes abnormally fast by giving it an electric shock or whatever..


Pacemaker is also another option, but this one is more for those ppl who's heartbeat is irregular, and need something to monitor and maintain the heart beat



Explaination

Pacemakers are generally used to manage a heartbeat that is too slow or irregular caused by disorders that disrupt the heart's normal electrical conduction system. This condition known as bradicardia can cause inadequate blood flow through the body creating symptoms such as fatigue, dizziness, and fainting.

Symptoms are:

Polyhydraminos (Excess amniotic fluid during pregnancy)
Constipation
Cataracts
Ulcerative Colitis (abdominal pains)
Muscle Pains
Hair Loss
Depression
Apathy/Lack of Motivation
Difficulty in swallowing and chewing
Abnormal ECG
Weakness in muscles, Hand, Ankle, Shoulder
Inability to rapidly open and close hand
Hypersomnia (Excessive sleeping)
For dad's case hicupps also.. (dunno why)


Coronary artery disease -
severe narrowing or complete blockage of a coronary artery and results in death of the heart muscle cells supplied by that vessel.

What dad is using -

Coronary artery bypass surgery -
Coronary artery bypass surgery is done to improve the blood flow in the coronary arteries, insuring that the heart muscle is getting the supply of oxygen-rich blood it needs to stay healthy.

Explaination

During surgery, an incision is made down your chest, and your sternum (breastbone) is divided to allow access to your heart. Another incision is made on the inside of your leg to obtain veins for the bypasses. (Dad's using the leg's vein)
During surgery, an artery from your chest wall (internal mammary artery - LIMA or RIMA) and/or a vein from your leg (saphenous vein) is used to make a bypass over the narrowed sections of your coronary arteries. The internal mammary artery is usually only used for one bypass. The saphenous vein from your leg is long and can be used for several bypasses. Each bypass is sewn first to the native coronary artery below the blockage or narrowing, then attached to the aorta (the internal mammary artery already originates from a branch of the aorta) so it can collect the oxygen-rich blood leaving the heart.


What should You do If u think u are having a heart attack?
Right away, call for an ambulance to take you to the hospital. While you wait for the ambulance to come, chew one regular tablet of aspirin. Do not take the aspirin if you are allergic to aspirin.
OR
By coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest.

A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm.



To those that happen to pop into this page
If you are reading my blog through searching for heart attacks or what ever, please read this too.
What does heartburn feel like?
People with heartburn generally describe one or more of the following symptoms:
a burning chest pain that begins at the breastbone and moves up toward the throat
a feeling that food or liquid is coming back into the mouth or throat
an acid or bitter taste at the back of the throat
an increase in severity of pain behind the breastbone when lying down or bending over


More information
http://www.advocatehealth.com/system/info/library/articles/heartcare

Risk Factor

The Heart and Coronary arteries


Heart Failure

Heartburn

Singapore National Heart Centre


Tell Me Something!!


There are only two types of person, those who likes Su's kompeito and those who don't. # ;

Comment

0 has spoken